Each season brings their own unique challenges to driving. In the springtime, worn out roads and heavy rains cause difficulties for the driver. Keep your eyes peeled and follow these tips to stay safe on the road this spring:
- Be aware that more people will be on the road. Nicer weather brings out motorcyclists, skateboarders, cyclists, and other recreational vehicles. Also, more people travel in nice weather, so there are more drivers in general on the road.
- Spring rains make for slick driving conditions. Wet pavement causes decreased handling abilities and increased slowdown time. Prepare to stop earlier than normal when driving in these conditions.
- Avoid driving into large puddles. Puddles can cause you to hydroplane and lose control of the automobile. Driving into a very deep puddle can also cause the engine to seize as water can get sucked into the engine.
- Keep an eye out for wild life emerging from hibernation. Many animals are found traveling across streets during this time of the year. Heed the warning if you see any warning signs about animal crossings.
- The spring season brings misty and foggy conditions. Drive slowly in these conditions because your vision is limited.
As we enjoy the warmer weather around this time of the year, stay aware of the unique driving conditions found in the spring season.